Balraj Sidhu (
Punjabi Author & Lyricist
Balraj Sidhu (Balraj Singh Sidhu, Alias Raj) from Smethwick,
Balraj Sidhu has written in all forms of literature, fiction, non-fiction, history, mythology, article, interview, profile, biography, criticism, poetry etc. He has also contributed to journalism. However he is best known as a romantic story writer. He dares to write on explosive subjects. His work has been accused of controversies in past years. He is a great writer who has influenced the elder generation and continues to inspire the coming generations by his words of wisdom. He is widely read by youngsters, especially by females, because he is known for his sensitive portrayal of the inner feelings of female characters. His work is vividly portrayed as the picture of Indian society living abroad, conflict of Eastern & Western Cultures and problem of NRI’s (non resident Indian) generation gap. He is master on giving sex touch to his work in unique way. He made a great contribution towards Punjabi literature and the British music Industry. Several of his lyrics have been recorded by famous Punjabi Singers.
Early life – Name’s begins from word Bal and Raj are most common in Indians, and the surname Sidhu is very popular in Jatt Indians. However Balraj means ruler who rules with his physical power. Balraj Singh Sidhu’s Grand Parents migrated from Chak 474, Tehsil Sumandri, District Layalpur,(now
Education- Balraj Sidhu received primary education from Shivalik boarding school,
Career- Post finishing education, Balraj Sidhu started his fashion jewelry business, but he failed, and ended up in a financial crisis. Forcibly he had to work in factories till he found employment at Lloyds Pharmaceutical Co. LTD, which later converted to AAH Pharmaceutical. Later on 2002 his passion became his profession and he joined The Sikh Times Weekly, (
1. Anglag (Unused): A collection of short stories, 1999,
2. Vester (the costumes): A novel, 2002 Punjab Publication, catalogue no: ISBN:- 0-9542101-0-7
3. Nagian Akhian (Naked eyes) A collection of short stories, 2002, Punjab Publication, catalogue no: ISBN:- 0-9542101-1-5.
4. Kabbadi: A native game of
5.Tapp (Meditation) A Novel, 2004, Punjab Publication, catalogue no: ISBN:- 0-9542101-1-8.
1. Kutteya Na Kar Mainu Papia: A song by Hardev Mahinangal- Album: Dil Di Gal, 1997 Goyal Recording Company, Sirsa,
2. Nachdi De Naal : A Song by PBN- Album: Setting the Standard, packing and produced date: 2004 authorized dealer: The Limitless Records LRL CD 102.
3. Udham Singh Thoka: A song by USR- The Album ft Angrej Ali, Babycamp records
4. Paggal: A song by USR- The Album ft Ranveer Rana, Babycamp Record 2005 cat no: BCR CD 001.
5. Cruse Control Yari: A compilation Album by BSS ft Angrej Ali, Manjit Rupowalia, Jaswinder Jassi, Balwinder Matewaria, Gurmej Mehli, Ramesh Alam, authorized dealer: Maalwa Records 2008. cat no: MRCD 002
6. Nachdi De: A song by Aman Hayer- Nachdi de ft Angrej Ali genie records 2009.
His forth coming songs are vocaled by: Nirmal Sidhu, Nooran Lal, Nancy Grewal
Work Published in Magazines and newspapers and websites:-
Balraj Sidhu has over 2000 articles published in various newspapers and magazines across the globe. His regular column published continuously for two years in Punjab Times ‘Lafzan de Darvesh’ based on portraits of world famous writers was very popular amongst readers . His creative writing contribution to newspapers and magazines are as follows:-
Des Pardes Weekly, Punjab Times Weekly, The Sikh Times, Punjabi Son, Eastern Voice, Meri Boli Mera Dharm Monthly, Awaze Qaum weekly, Punjab Di Awaz, Pardesan Monthly.
Tasveer Monthly, Khani Punjab Quarterly, Mehram Monthly, Akas Monthly , Ajit Jalandher Daily, Jagbani Daily, Kalakar Quarterly, Mulakat Monthly, Sarokar Quarterly, Sirjna Quarterly, Ghazal Quarterly, The turbinue Daily. Nari Sansar,
Leheran monthly (in Persian script)
Ajit Weekly, Quamiakta Weekly, Hamdard Weekly, Khabarnama, Ghazal.
Online magazines and newspapers:-.
1-‘Jatan da itihas’ by Husiar Singh Dhule, ‘’
2-‘Bhai Bahlon’ by Amarjit Singh Dhanjal or Sidhu Braran da Ithas by Balwant Singh historian.
4- Punjab Publications, 969 Kacha Quila Mohalla, Jagraon, -142026 District
5-Kabaddi Federation (
6- PRS for music. www.prsformusic.com
7-Goyal Recording Company
8-Limitless Records. www.limitlessrecords.com
9-Babycamp Records www.babycamprecords.com
10-Malwa Records. www.maalwarecords.com
ਰਾਵਲ ਜੈਸਲ (ਜੈਸਲਮੇਰ ਦਾ ਬਾਨੀ ਯਦੁਵੰਸ਼ੀ ਭੱਟੀ ਰਾਜਪੂਤ- ਸਮਾਂ 1168 ਈ:)
ਹੇਮ (ਹੇਮਹੇਲ ਜਾਂ ਭੀਮ)
ਜੂੰਦਰ (ਜੂੰਧਰ ਦੇ 21 ਪੁੱਤਰ ਹੋਏ, ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਭੱਟੀਆਂ ਦੇ 21 ਗੋਤਰ ਚੱਲੇ)
ਖੀਵਾ ਰਾਓ (1283 ਈ:)
ਸਿੱਧੂ ਰਾਓ (1314 ਈ: ਇਸ ਤੋਂ ਸਿੱਧੂ ਗੋਤ ਚੱਲਿਆ ਹੈ।)
ਇਸ ਦੀ 5ਵੀਂ ਪੀੜੀ ਮਹਿਰਮੀਆਂ ਸਿੱਧੂ
ਮੱਲ (ਵਕੀਲ) ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ।
ਭਾਈ ਬਹਿਲੋ ਜੀ (1610-1700ਸੰਮਤ)
(ਭਾਈ ਬਹਿਲੋ ਆਪਣੇ ਸਮੇਂ ਵਿਚ ਉੱਘੇ ਸਾਹਿਕਾਰ ਵਜੋਂ ਵੀ ਜਾਣੇ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸਨ।)
ਭਾਈ ਨਾਨੂੰ ਜੀ
ਭਾਈ ਭਗਤਾ ਜੀ
ਸੰਗਤ ਸਿੰਘ (ਇਸ ਨੇ ਸੰਗਤ ਭਾਈਕਾ ਪਿੰਡ ਬੰਨਿਆਂ, ਜੋ ਹੁਣ ਚੱਕ ਭਾਈ ਕਾ ਅਖਵਾਉਂਦਾ ਹੈ।)
ਗੁਰਮੁੱਖ ਸਿੰਘ-------ਸਰਮੁਖ ਸਿੰਘ-------ਚੱਨਣ ਸਿੰਘ -------ਚੰਦਾ ਸਿੰਘ
...................................ਹਰਦਿੱਤ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਿੱਧੂ
ਬਲਰਾਜ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਿੱਧੂ ------------------ਜਤਿੰਦਰਪਾਲ ਸਿੰਘ ਸਿੱਧੂ